Stronghold Legends (SHL) takes the castle building RTS (real time strategy) series and plunges it into myth and legend, and was released October 2006. Single player campaigns include King Arthur, a Rhine campaign and Dracula adding creatures like werewolves, frost giants, dragons and more.
Multiplayer has become different in Legends, now focused more on combat than its predecessors, with the addition of new modes such as king of the hill (literally build a castle on a hill and defend it for as long as you can), capture the flag, and an economic-war mode that tasks you with certain goals, such as being the first to gather X number of wood planks. This will mean that you will have to balance offense with defense, as you may realize that the only way to stop your enemy from reaching the goal first is to attack and knock him off balance.
The civilians buildings that were present in Stronghold 2 are now gone, the remaining were remade in terms of function and honourly events such as jousting, travelling fairs and dances are removed entirely, only existing as a Random Event.
Mercenary units are no longer usable, with the exception of Outlaws, and rarely, Pictish Boat Warriors.(Appeared at the first mission of king arthur campaign). Trebuchets can be dismantled and relocated, then constructed again, Lord's health slowly regenerates over time, the circle formation is gone, and the recruitable troop types are very little, consisting of the regular units, the prices for buildings are now increased, the sawpit is replaced by a woodcutter's camp, now having 3 lumberjacks, delivering the same amount of wood as the saw pit worker, statues now cost "glory" points, which can be accumulated by melee combat and there are only 3 keep types, each for the corresponding faction.
|Units||Military • Civilian • Characters|
|Buildings||Castle • Military • Defenses • Civilian|
|Single Player||Campaigns • Trials • Skirmish|
|Multiplayer||Capture the Flag • Deathmatch • Economic • King of the Hill|
- Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
- Processor: 1.6 Ghz processor
- RAM: 512 MB RAM
- Hard Drive: 2.5 Gb uncompressed space
- Video Card: 64 MB (w/ Hardware T&L GeForce3/Radeon 8500 or better)
- Processor: Soundcard DirectX 7 compatible
- Processor: 2.0 Ghz processor
- Video Card: 128 MB w/ DirectX 8 support (pixel and vertex shaders)
- Download Patch 1.2 (the latest patch)
- StrongholdNation - Stronghold Legends Forum
- Stronghold Legends :: StrongholdNation
- Youtube Trailer
- Stronghold Legends Wikipedia
More Information Edit
- *Spoiler Alert,please read this before you read the next text -->* Even the mercenary troops are removed, Pictish boat warriors actually appeared at the first mission of king arthur in the part where you must defend the castle and wait for merlin.
|Main series||Stronghold • Stronghold 2 • Stronghold 3|
|Crusader series||Stronghold Crusader • Stronghold Crusader Extreme • Stronghold Crusader 2|
|Spin-off series||Stronghold Warchest • Stronghold Kingdoms • Stronghold Legends|