|Cost||- free (SH, SHC)
- 200 gold
The tunnel is a building used for siege purposes. Its main use is to dig under enemy walls (and towers) to make them collapse. It is effective at destroying walls, gatehouses and weaker towers, but it is unable to destroy towers with a strong foundation.
Tunnels are destructable buildings and they can be removed by siege engines or melee units to dispose of the tunneler using it.
Using a Tunnel EntranceEdit
Stronghold & Stronghold Crusader:
- Choose a tunneler and move the mouse over a terrain where a tunnel entrance will appear if it is a valid location.
- The tunneler will run and dig his way into the tunnel, then move under the ground. He lifts the ground where he is digging.
- The tunneler then collapses the tunnel, along with the buildings he landed at.
- Place the tunnel entrance as an individual building from the 'Military' panel.
- Click on it, then click "add Engineers". This requires an Engineers guild, available peasants, and 30 gold per engineer. The more people you add, the faster the tunnel is dug,
- Then click "Target Point", click on an area you wish to dig the tunnel under, and watch it collapse.
|Main series||Stronghold • Stronghold 2 • Stronghold 3|
|Crusader series||Stronghold Crusader • Stronghold Crusader Extreme • Stronghold Crusader 2|
|Spin-off series||Stronghold Warchest • Stronghold Kingdoms • Stronghold Legends|